I’ve been preparing my list for Christmas for mom’s review, ordering and delivery next Tuesday morning. I realize it’s hard to believe, but I HAVE been a good birdie all year (well, there was that one incident in Penne’s Tree a while back when my buddy Oscar (a cockatoo) and I got into the moonshine, caused a wee bit of a chaos, fell out of the tree and into the bushes beneath, emerging the next morning with twigs and pine needles stuck to our birdie butts. Thankfully, what happens in Penne’s Tree, stays in Penne’s Tree, phew).
But I digress. I repeat, I have been a GOOD BIRDIE this year and I deserve everything on my list (and much, much more, but I won’t push it):
- Almonds – the biggest bag possible of course
- New foot toys – so I can listen to mom moan and groan as she picks them up when I deliberately toss them
- My own smartphone – because mom is becoming tiresome, with her bad typing and rather boring posts of trees, snow and stupid turkeys… yawn..
- A new sister – Abby is beautiful, but good grief she’s boring and has absolutely no sense of humour
- Bells and whistles – because I’ve heard that other birdies have cages decked out with all the bells and whistles. I don’t know what they are, but I know I want them!
Uh oh, mom’s coming, I’ll be adding to the blog about my (bottomless) Christmas list and the weird build-up to Christmas in our house (i.e., decorations, food, visitors and silly songs…).
Until next time everybirdie, be careful to whom you divulge your Christmas list – Santa’s’ watching!
P.S. I’m looking for further suggestions for my Christmas list, please pass along your comment to this post!